1. February 2018 - World's largest solar park launched in Karnataka. The world's largest solar park set up at an investment of USD 2.53 bn at Pavagada in Karnataka's Tumakuru district was launched by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah today.2. Feb 2018 - The joint venture of Think Energy and EverStream Capital plans to invest USD 300 mn in equity capital to either acquire or develop 2,000 MW solar projects in India.
2. February 2018 - ReNew Power inks pact with UP govt. to invest USD 1.2 bn for 1.2 GW of renewable energy capacity, a move which can create 12,000 jobs in the state. ReNew has also entered into a MoU with Maharashtra govt. to invest a total of USD 2.2 bn on solar, wind and waste-to-energy projects.
3. February 2018 - India’s Avaada Power has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Uttar Pradesh to invest USD 1.55 bn in the state for developing 1,600 MW Solar Projects. The projects will be developed across Mirzapur, Badun, Gorakhpur and Bundelkhand districts.
4. February 2018 - India’s largest public sector lender State Bank of India has invested an undisclosed amount from its Neev Fund in Indian solar player SunSource Energy, for developing solar project assets in states with low levels of capital investment.
5. February 2018 - Ramky Enviro Engineers Ltd, party of city-based Ramky Group and Asia’s biggest waste management, is setting up 20 MW waste-to-energy plant in Hyderabad, with an investment of USD 46.3 mn.
6. February 2018 - LONGi Green Energy Technology Co. Ltd will be the first Chinese company to set up a solar equipment manufacturing facility in India. LONGi’s facility will be set up in Andhra Pradesh at an investment of around Chinese renminbi USD 309 mn for manufacturing 1GW of monocrystalline silicon cell and modules each. Solar modules account for nearly 60% of a solar power project’s cost.
7.February 2018 - During the recent Uttar Pradesh Investors summit, amplus solar signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the state government for the investment of USD 340.1 mn over the next 5 years.