Apply For FDI

ENQUIRY


Fraud Warning Disclaimer : FDI India warns you against certain individuals that might falsely present themselves as our affiliate agents, representatives, or employees. Under this false pretence, they might try to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money as Consultation fee or any other form or other valuables from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on our behalf. Don’t fall prey into the fraudulent misrepresentation. Such fraudulent claims and offers are received generally via email, text message, phone, or internet, etc.

FDI India would like to bring to your notice that our authorized official Email IDs are [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and Contact Numbers 0120-7195400, 9560023760, and 8882033433. FDI India shall not be liable for any claims, damage, or loss of any kind inflicted by any other unauthorized entity. Be very mindful of such scams.
Legal : We own all the information, images, text, logo, and other content provided by us. The use of information is strictly prohibited without our consent. We hold the right to take a legal action against any individual or organization violating or using our site information.
Become A Partner
Fdi India news

Ghana Records 786 Million Foreign Direct Investment In The First Half Of 2020

    27 October , 2020         Fdiindia

Ghana Records 786 Million Foreign Direct Investment In The First Half Of 2020

The all out FDI of US$785.62 million speaks to venture recorded by the Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC) and the Petroleum Commission. Around the world, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has estimated the Covid-19 pandemic to send worldwide FDI plunging by around 40% – driving the absolute estimation of FDI beneath US$1 trillion unexpectedly since 2005.

Notwithstanding, regardless of a slow beginning in the primary quarter of 2020 and a stressing droop in the start of the second quarter because of extreme lockdown measures to contain the spread of the Covid, FDI to Ghana have started to bounce back bringing about a prominent increment in FDI inflow for the principal half of the year.

At the GIPC, a sum of 69 tasks with a complete assessed estimation of US$869.47 million was recorded before the finish of June 2020. Of this, the complete FDI part added up to US$627.52 million while nearby segment represented an expected US$61.22 million.

The FDI estimation of US$627.52 million was an extensive increment of about 409.10 percent from a year ago's FDI estimation of US$123.26 million, recorded inside a similar period (Jan-Jun 2019), portraying a solid exhibition regardless of the worldwide pandemic.

Out of the 69 activities recorded, the administrations area enrolled a dominant part of 25 ventures followed by the assembling and fare exchange area with 21 and 11 tasks separately.

Concerning esteem, general exchanging recorded the most noteworthy measure of US$246.05 million. This was followed intently by the mining investigation area with US$123.26 million having fixed some significant speculations, for example, the Chirano Gold dig venture for the investigation of minerals.

Together, the 69 activities are required to make huge commitment to work creation in the nation. An aggregate of 14,614 positions are required to be made when the ventures are completely operational. Out of this, 14,052 of the positions speaking to 96.15 % will be for Ghanaians while the rest of 562 positions which speaks to 3.85% will be taken up by outsiders.

In the interim, extra value totalling US$11.56 million was re-contributed by existing organizations inside the principal half of the year, while a sum of GHC1,365.26 million was recorded as speculations from 28 entirely possessed Ghanaian organizations.

The apparently certain exhibition of FDI inflows to the nation has been to a degree credited to the steady facilitating of the Covid-19 limitations just as government activities and motivating forces turned out to cushion organizations and the economy at the tallness of the pandemic.