FDI or Foreign Direct Investment allows a business outside India, make an investment in a business in India. The role of FDI is better explained here and how it helps accelerate the growth:
- FDI extends Capital – FDI is expected to bring in the capital that is important for the developing countries to enjoy better financial status. To reach the increased targets of growth in national income the developing economies need to become better. The foreign savings acts as a medium to increase the financial stability. The additional capital source with its own set of risks is what we can identify FDI as.
- Payment constraints are removed with FDI – FDI provides the inflow of foreign exchange resource and ensures no constraints stay on the balance of payment. Developing countries tend to suffer payment deficits for the demand for Foreign exchange, which happens to be normal. FDI brings in a clear advantage over any form of external borrowings. This needs to be considered from the payment balance point of view. Loans are fixed liabilities that the governments must repay on time.
The loan must be repaid along with interest over the specific period. When it comes to FDI, there is no fixed liability.
- FDI brings with it Management, Marketing, and Technology – FDI brings with it assets that are crucially missing or scarce in the developing countries. Management, technology, and marketing skills are those assets. This is an important advantage of FDI that it brings more than capital value.
- FDI promotes Exports related to the Host Developing Country – Foreign direct investment promotes exports. Foreign enterprises with their worldwide organization of showcasing, having advertising data are in a novel situation to misuse these qualities to advance the fares of developing nations.
- FDI provides an increased rate of Employment – Foreign enterprises by utilizing the nationals of developing nations give work. Without this speculation, these work openings would not have been accessible to many developing nations.
Further, these business openings are required to be in generally higher expertise zones. FDI makes direct business open doors as well as through in reverse and forward linkages, it is capable produce roundabout work open doors also.
- FDI results in Higher Wages – FDI also promotes higher wages. Relatively higher skilled jobs would receive better and lucrative wages.
- FDI generates Competitive Environment – Entry of the foreign enterprises in the domestic market creates a very competitive environment that compels national enterprises to compete with and operate in the domestic market.
Foreign Direct Investment plays a major leading role that brings about higher efficiency and better products and services for the developing economies.